Excellent infographic on the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Note the implementation status section; about 60% of rule making deadlines have been missed and only a third of rulemaking requirements have been met as of Sept. 2012. Dodd-Frank requires regulatory bodies to “establish rules to implement directions set out in the original bill.” Clearly, there is still a lot of work to do!
- Dodd-Frank Progress Report Generated using the Davis Polk Regulatory Tracker December 2012 (bespacific.com)
- Technical Fixes Prompt Suspicion From Dodd-Frank Backers – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- The Cost of Scaling Mount Dodd-Frank (managed-futures-blog.attaincapital.com)
- Deconstructing Dodd-Frank (dealbook.nytimes.com)
- SEC Chief’s Exit May Stall Dodd-Frank Rules Including Volcker – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)